The Class Assistant will aide the volunteer Nutrition Educator, Chef Instructor and Class Coordinator in ensuring that each class runs smoothly. This way our participants receive the highest quality learning experience.
- Arrive 30 minutes before class is scheduled to begin.
- Help unload and arrange groceries and supplies.
- Set up classroom and kitchen space to get ready for participants.
- Assist chef and nutrition educator throughout class as needed with activities, visual aids, and cooking.
- Clean up and break down the classroom before leaving.
- Interest and comfort in working with low-income individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to travel to class location.
- Willingness to adhere to program policies and team decisions.
- At least 1 hour for training and orientation to Cooking Matters.
- At least 3 hours a week for travel time, class time, set-up and clean-up.
- Must commit to all 6 weeks of the course!
Questions? Please contact Anna Curry with Cooking Matters Omaha at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-930-4069.
For More Information: Please visit http://cookingmatters.org/.